Madras is committed to providing the highest level of protection regarding the processing of their employees’, vendors’ and clients’/customers’ personal data based on applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Personal data comprises all the details that Madras collects and processes directly or indirectly about you as an individual, for instance information about your identity and contact details (such as name, email-ID, contact number)and information collected through use of Madras websites, cookies or other similar tools. Madras will first and foremost comply with local law applicable.
By using the platform and the Services provided therein, you agree and consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage, disclosure and sharing of your information as described and collected by us in accordance with this policy. If you do not agree with the policy, please do not use or access the platform.
PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Madras may process your personal data where such relevant personally identifiable information is required to be processed for legitimate Madras’s purposes as follows, but not limited to:
- Processing applications for products and services;
- Providing products and services; (It is not feasible for an organisation to provide product / service without processing)
- Monitoring and improving our website and its content;
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions;
- Complying with applicable law, regulation, policy, voluntary codes, directive, judgement or court order.
Madras processes your personal data for compliance with applicable legal or regulatory obligations or Madras’s legitimate interests to provide you with adequate and qualitative products and services and to prevent against any excessive risk.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed into our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed into the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognize when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
- Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data processed by Madras will only be accessible by a limited list of recipients on a need to know basis or where required by law.
To the extent permitted by law, Madras may record and monitor your communications to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data processed by Madras are kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed in line with legal, regulatory or statutory obligations.
At the expiry of such periods, your personal data will be deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations or in accordance with applicable statutory limitation periods.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Subject to applicable law, regulations and/or industry guidelines, you may have the right to invoke a data subject right in relation to your personal data being processed by Madras.
Madras shall provide information on action taken on a request pertaining to the Data Subject Rights without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, considering the complexity and number of the requests.
Madras shall inform the data subject of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
CONTROLLING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to [▪]
- Click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of our marketing emails if you no longer want to receive any communications from us. We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Data is important to us and Madras has invested significant resources to protect the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal data. When using external service providers acting as processors, we require that they adhere to the same standards as Madras. Regardless of where your personal information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept secure.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside our website. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully
Madras may in its absolute discretion update this policy from time to time.
The use of the Madras Websites and any products and services supplied are subject to our Terms and Conditions.